A Better Weighted Blanket That Makes Great Sense
When you purchase a Wyatt’s Weighted Wonderland Therapy Product…
- You will support a local small business, owned and operated since 2016 by mother’s of special needs children
- You will pay mass production prices starting at $95 for a one-of-a-kind custom blanket
- You will get a high-quality product made in Katy TX, that is easy to care for with washable duvet covers in the fabric of your choice
- You will have the option to add unique homeopathic care with aromatherapy sensory additions
- You can take advantage of our Local meetup product delivery (within 10 miles of 77494 zip code)
- You will save on shipping with Flat Rate and UPS Shipping Options both domestically and internationally
- You will enjoy the confidence of working with a BBB accredited business who accepts all major credit cards and PayPalWeighted Therapy
Weighted Blanket with washable duvet cover
Custom Weighted Blanket
What Should You Consider When Purchasing A Weighted Blanket?
A weighted blanket should be filled with non-toxic pellets, at a calculation of 10% of your body weight. You will add 1lb if you are shopping for someone who is still growing.
Weighted blankets are not appropriate for children 2 and under or who cannot safety lift the blanket off of them. Maximum fill limits are between 25 to 30 lbs.
A weighted blanket should be large enough to comfortably cover you as you turn in bed during the night.
Bigger is not better! Since the weight is evenly distributed in the blanket, if 25% of the blanket is on the bed and not you, you are only feeling 75% of the required weight. Weighted Therapy
A weighted blanket should be able to be cleaned.
As with all bed linens, weighted blankets should be able to be washed or include a duvet cover that is washable to maintain proper hygiene. Weighted Therapy
A weighted blanket should appeal to your senses.
Consider both the look and feel of fabric before making selections. Consider whether you or a loved one would benefit from added aromatherapy. If you are buying for a child, you will want for them to love and use the blanket, so make sure it appeals to all of their senses! Weighted Therapy
Why are Wyatt’s Weighted Wonderland Products Better?
- Excellent Quality. The professional craftsmanship of commercial equipment. Small 3″ x 3″ squares for even weight distribution. Non-toxic Polypropylene pellets made in the USA.We do not outsource – all of our products are made by us in Katy TX under strict quality control.
- Good Value. Generously sized products made from 100% unbleached cotton muslin at the competitive price.
- Duvet Covers. Fabric type and pattern are chosen by the customer. Duvet attached to blanket with snaps to avoid shifting.
- Washable. Duvet covers can be laundered in a washing machine on cold setting and laid flat to dry.
- Customizable. A customer selects Polypropylene pellet weight (~ 10% body weight) and product size.
- Available Aromatherapy. Crushed Bergamot, Chamomile, Eucalyptus, Lavender, Peppermint, Patchouli, and Rose to choose from.
Do Weighted Products Work?
Therapists have encouraged the use of weighted blankets for many years now for a variety of conditions, including Alzheimer’s, Anxiety, Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder, Autism, Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, Sensory Processing Disorders, Stress, and many more. But why? The answer is simple. They work
Remember how your body relaxed after your last message or maybe a great hug? The short description of what was happening then and when someone uses a weighted blanket is a follows:
By adding therapeutic, distributed weight, we gain the benefits of Deep Touch Pressure (DTP), causing our bodies to release neurotransmitters, like serotonin and dopamine, that help to regulate mood and produce a calming effect. Further, in a darkened environment our bodies are able to convert that serotonin into melatonin for a deeper and more restful sleep.
The Source of the Weight
The “weight” in our products is derived from 100% U.S. made Polypropylene pellets.
Polypropylene is widely used commercially in applications like milk and yogurt containers, personal care products and toys.
In order to remain chemically stable, should contact be made with the pellets, it is not recommended that they be heated (washed on warm cycle or microwaved) or chilled.
Ingestion of pellets may represent a very low choking hazard, but no toxicity hazard.
Customer’s With Their Favorite Products
Raising Money For Krause Children’s Center
Krause Children’s Center in Katy, TX becomes a temporary home to nearly 300 girls who have been subject to terrible acts of abuse and neglect each year.
Wyatt’s Weighted Wonderland has partnered with this great organization to help raise funds to provide new weighted blankets to each young lady who becomes a Krause Children’s Center resident this year. These blankets will be used as part of their intensive rehabilitation therapy and become a special parting gift when they say goodbye in 6 to 8 months.
Please click on the Donate button now and give at least $5 to these courageous survivors. Then share it with your friends. 🙂
Meet The Team
Owner and Operator
If You Have A Special Needs Child, You Should Check Out
This regularly updated (free) resource aims to provide difficult to find information in the areas of Special Needs:
While you are visiting, be sure to sign up for the newsletter so you do not miss out on special events and free workshops in the Houston area. You will be glad that you did!